In one of our recent We Wanna Know Wednesday prompts, we asked the FinLit Fanatics! Facebook Group the following:
We got tons of responses from teachers. Here are some of our favorites!
1. Select 5-6 QoDs that correspond to your current unit and assign them according to your seating arrangement
2. Use them as bells (and make it a fun game!)
3. Organize a daily school wide contest during the morning announcements
4. Use them to introduce new topics to your class
5. Post the question of the day outside your classroom with the answer “hidden” so students outside your classroom can learn too! (This idea was shared in an NGPF Virtual PD)
Thanks to all the teachers who shared their ideas with us! Read the other comments? Check out the post in FinLit Fanatics!
Discover more questions of the day and receive the daily question straight to your inbox!
About the author
Sonia has always had a passion for instruction and improving students’ learning experiences. She’s come a long way from her days as a first-grader, when she would “teach” music after school and read to her very attentive stuffed animals. Since then, she has taught students as a K-12 tutor, worked in several EdTech startups in the Bay Area, and completed her Ed.M in Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She is passionate about bringing to the next generation of students and educators the high-quality personal finance content and instruction she wished she had received in school. When not creating lesson guides or working with teachers, Sonia likes to spend her time singing, being outdoors and having adventures with family and friends!
This post How do teachers use the questions of the day?
was original published at “https://www.ngpf.org/blog/activities/how-do-teachers-use-questions-of-the-day/”